What Watch and Clock repairers Do
Repair, clean, and adjust mechanisms of timing instruments, such as watches and clocks. Includes watchmakers, watch technicians, and mechanical timepiece repairers. Excludes Timing Device Assemblers and Adjusters.
Watch and Clock repairer Salaries
- 2020 employment: 2,800
- May 2021 median annual wage: $44,250
Job Outlook for Watch and Clock repairers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -700
- Growth rate: -25 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Watch and Clock repairer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Long-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.