Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers
Top 3 dressmaker Jobs
- Korean Women's Association
- Bainbridge Island, WA
Dressing : Assistance with dressing and undressing. Includes supervising the client when he/she can dress and undress when guided, assisting with difficult tasks such as tying shoes and buttoning, and ...
Travel Nurse RN - Clinical - $1,994 per week
- American Mobile Healthcare
- Upper Marlboro, MD
Top 10 Diagnosis/Procedures: pre and post surgical wound checks, in-office procedures (non-sedation), suture removal, dressing changes, phone triage, administer IV medications, will have a nurse ...
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Denver, CO
Dressing all female, male and non-binary actors in the production as assigned by the Wardrobe Supervisor. * Assist with preshow load-in and strike. * Maintain a clean and safe workspace in all areas ...
What They Do
Design, make, alter, repair, or fit garments.
Tailor, dressmaker, and custom sewer Salaries
- 2020 employment: 42,000
- May 2021 median annual wage: $31,420
Job Outlook for Tailors, dressmakers, and custom sewers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -3,100
- Growth rate: -7 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Tailor, dressmaker, or custom sewer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: No formal educational credential
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.