Subway and Streetcar Operators
What Subway and streetcar operators Do
Operate subway or elevated suburban trains with no separate locomotive, or electric-powered streetcar, to transport passengers. May handle fares.
Subway and streetcar operator Salaries
- 2020 employment: 11,000
- May 2021 median annual wage: $81,180
Job Outlook for Subway and streetcar operators
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 1,100
- Growth rate: 10 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Subway or streetcar operator
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.