Refractory Materials Repairers (Except Brickmasons)
What Refractory materials repairers Do
Build or repair equipment such as furnaces, kilns, cupolas, boilers, converters, ladles, soaking pits and ovens, using refractory materials.
Refractory materials repairer Salaries
- 2020 employment: 800
- May 2021 median annual wage: $54,250
Job Outlook for Refractory materials repairers
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -100
- Growth rate: -15 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Refractory materials repairer
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.