Postmasters and mail superintendents
What Postmasters and mail superintendents Do
Plan, direct, or coordinate operational, administrative, management, and support services of a U.S. post office; or coordinate activities of workers engaged in postal and related work in assigned post office.
Postmaster and mail superintendent Salaries
- 2020 employment: 13,200
- May 2021 median annual wage: $80,250
Job Outlook for Postmasters and mail superintendents
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: -1,000
- Growth rate: -8 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Postmasters or mail superintendent
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.