First-line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-moving Workers (Except Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors)
Top 3 transportation supervisor Jobs
- US Autoforce a Division of US Venture
- Santa Clarita, CA
Reporting to the Branch Operations Manager, the Transportation Supervisor is responsible for supervision of all drivers, daily dispatch, maintenance of vehicles, driver orientation/evaluation and ...
- Top Talent Recruiters LLC
- Oakland, CA
This person will be supervising up to 5 drivers while running the truck scale. Qualified Candidate: * Understands DOT compliance, for trucks on scales and drivers * monitor scale crossing times, load ...
- Flint Hills Area Transportation Agency (aTa Bus)
- Manhattan, KS
The Dispatch Supervisor oversees the performance of fixed route, ADA paratransit, and general demand response public transportation . The Dispatch Supervisor is accountable for monitoring, and ...
What They Do
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of transportation and material-moving machine and vehicle operators and helpers.
- 2020 employment: 536,100
- May 2021 median annual wage: The annual wage is not available.
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 30,900
- Growth rate: 6 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become One
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: None
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.