Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
What Cooling and freezing equipment operators and tenders Do
Operate or tend equipment such as cooling and freezing units, refrigerators, batch freezers, and freezing tunnels, to cool or freeze products, food, blood plasma, and chemicals.
Cooling and freezing equipment operator and tender Salaries
- 2020 employment: 8,400
- May 2021 median annual wage: $40,390
Job Outlook for Cooling and freezing equipment operators and tenders
Projected employment change, 2020-30:
- Number of new jobs: 500
- Growth rate: 6 percent (As fast as average)
How to Become a Cooling and freezing equipment operator or tender
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: None
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.