456 College Hall
Normal, IL 67890
123 Main Street
Anytown, CA 12345
OBJECTIVE: Auditor position in the public accounting field in the Chicago area.
SUMMARY: • More
than two years of progressive accounting and auditing experience.
• Auditor internship with Ernst & Young in New York City.
• Magna Cum Laude graduate with BBA in Accounting.
• Proficient with MS Office, Windows XP, and the Internet.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Business
Administration in Accounting, May 2008
Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
Managerial Accounting Corporate Audit and Reconciliation
Intermediate Accounting I & II Financial Management
Accounting I & II Internal Audit
Accounting for Not-For-Profits Managerial Economics
EXPERIENCE: Auditor Internship, May
2007 to August 2007
Ernst & Young, New York, New York
• Participated in the annual audit of Omega Megalithic Holdings, including development of the final certification report.
• Participated in quarterly audit of Alpha Bank Corporation, including identification and correction of over twenty major accounting errors.
• Developed several Excel spreadsheet macros currently in use for reducing entry time and automatically cross-referencing for errors.
• Received Employee of the Month award twice—first intern ever to win the award.
Payable/Bookkeeping Clerk, May 2005 to Present
Anytown Tax and Bookkeeping Service, Anytown, New York
• Assisted (via remote) with payroll, tax, and account processing.
• Developed automated monthly sales tax payment system.
• Implemented Rapid Tax Refund service for individual customers.
ACTIVITIES: • Vice
President, Student Accountancy Chapter, 2007-2008
• Treasurer, Beta Gamma Sigma honors society, 2007-2008
• Dorm Resident Assistant, 2006-2008