Epiphany is an independent school dedicated to providing excellent, tuition-free education to boys and girls of all faiths, from economically disadvantaged families in Boston. We are looking for recent college graduates who feel a commitment to the city, education, and children and are excited about the idea of working for a full-service school with an extended day. The teaching fellows’ primary responsibilities will be student teaching, running small reading groups, coaching sports, and assisting with a major area of school such as technology, student support, administration, etc. While it is recognized that the teaching fellows may have little or no teaching experience, the entire atmosphere is one of collaboration and mutual learning. If it is determined that teaching in an urban setting is what you are passionate about pursuing as a career, we may be able to support you in a second or third year where, in addition to serving as a teaching fellow, you may be accepted into a one year program to receive your master’s degree.
● Student Teach
● Run Small Reading Enrichment Groups
● Serve as a member of non-academic area teams
● Coach interscholastic sports or physical education classes
● Supervise all duties during the school day, afternoon, and evening portion of our program
● Housing and housing expenses covered in Epiphany units
● An Americorps living allowance of $17,000, distributed in bi-weekly increments of $687.50 for the duration of the Member's term of service with the fulfillment of Americorps requirements. Healthcare insurance through Americorps.
● Upon successful completion of the Member's full-time term of service, the Member will receive an education award of a value of $6,495 from the National Service Trust.
(Compensation will increase for the 2023-2024 school year)
● Check out the website at www.epiphanyschool.com
● Check out the video at https://vimeo.com/user113099631
● Contact us with a resume and cover letter at email@example.com
● Receive an invitation to schedule an initial visit to the school
● Complete written application with three references and transcripts
● Receive an invitation to return to teach a mini-lesson