GCCI is looking for an estimator primarily for Public Works construction who would need to be an integral part of the team, leading constructability reviews and preparing and presenting estimates to our clients. This estimator will work closely with architects, engineers, owners and subcontractors.
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific requirements and comprehensive bid packages
- Understanding and knowledge of the factors that affect construction cost and schedule
- Responding to Request for Proposals (RFP's) including preparing for and participating in client interviews and pitches
- Good communication with suppliers and vendors to discuss pricing or other requests and their due dates
- Work with subcontractors to handle their requests effectively and efficiently
- Prepare and distribute time-sensitive materials to meet the needs of the project
- Coordinate activities of the team from bid to proposal
- Ability to go through the bidding process step-by-step from soliciting bids, communicating with the bidder, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
- Monitor and update vendor information and manage vendor databases for each market served
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, and design and scope change, preparing variance summaries highlighting the changes between estimates
- Ability to lead a target value design estimate
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Design Development and Value Engineering sessions with the Project Team and Design Team
- Dynamic, team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work and consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent listening skills and strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Creative and innovative approaches and solutions on a project-by-project basis
- Ability to identify, adapt to, and resolve complex issues
- Effective participation in team environment, with both external and internal teammates
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paces environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Experience and Education (not required)
- Experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic
- Ability to participate and lead the preparation and presentation of cost and budget information to the customer or owner
- Ability to develop business with new and existing customers
- Proficient in Estimating software (Proest or similar), Project Management software (Procore or similar), and Scheduling software (MS Project or similar)
- 3+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator, preferably in Public Works
- Bachelor's degree in a construction related field
GCCI, Inc. is a family owned and operated company. We specialize in school projects in the Marin, Mendocino, Napa and Sonoma Counties. GCCI prides ourselves on our ethics, quality of work and the relationships we have built through the years.
Why Work for GCCI?
While experience is nice to have, GCCI does not require it. We have the ability to teach at any level with hands on experience and learning in a live and practical atmosphere. We just ask that you have a passion for construction, a positive attitude, a love for learning, and the ability to work and adapt in an intense, fast paced and ever-changing environment. We treat our employees like family and look forward to having a new estimator who wants to build a career at GCCI.
Do you love construction but don't want to work in the same office every day? Apply for our Superintendents job!
- $80k - $130k yearly
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Covered Relocation Costs