456 College Hall
Normal, IL 67890
123 Main Street
Anytown, CA 12345
OBJECTIVE: Zoological support position. Open to relocation.
SUMMARY: • Zoological
support experience with San Diego Zoo.
• Magna Cum Laude graduate with BS in Zoology.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science
in Zoology, May 2008
Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
Zoological Management Zoological Concepts in the 21st Century
Advanced Animal Biology Advanced Molecular Biology
Natural Resource Management Animal Diseases and Treatments
Animal Sciences I & II Genetics I & II
EXPERIENCE: Zoo Support Intern, May
2007 to August 2007
San Diego Zoo, San Diego, California
• One of only five interns chosen out of more than 1500 applicants worldwide.
• Supported Nocturnal Habitat area of the zoo.
• Responsible for daily feeding, cleaning and caring for animals in the Nocturnal Habitat.
• Organized “Friends of the Night” program to raise funds for the future expansion of the Nocturnal Habitat, resulting in over $36,000 raised during the program, which was hosted by Michael Crawford.
Volunteer Services Coordinator, May 2006 to August 2006
NSPCA, San Diego, California
volunteers to assist in the delivery of services and solicitation of donations
benefit the ongoing operations of the association.
• Conducted daily briefings for volunteers and assigned daily tasks.
• Coordinated summer banquet to honor volunteers.
ACTIVITIES: • Volunteer,
Normal Humane Society, 2005-Present
• Member, Biology Club, 2005-2008
• Volunteer, Friends of the Earth, 2007-2008