456 College Hall
Normal, IL 67890
123 Main Street
Anytown, MA 12345
OBJECTIVE: Mathematician/Statistician position in the New England area.
SUMMARY: • Actuarial
internship with Liberty Mutual Insurance.
• Magna Cum Laude graduate with BS in Mathematics.
• Proficient with MS Office, Windows XP, SAS, C++ and the Internet.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science
in Mathematics, May 2008
Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
Complex Analysis Linear Programming and Optimization
Probability Algebraic and Analytic Number Theory
Geometry and Topology Partial Differential Equations
Sampling and Surveys Statistical Analysis
EXPERIENCE: Actuarial Assistant, May
2007 to August 2007
Liberty Mutual Group, Boston, Massachusetts
• Responsible for integrating government data into life insurance actuarial tables for
determining life expectancies for a variety of insured classes.
• Developed simulation program to achieve greater predictability of life expectancy
in new classes of diseases released by the Center for Disease Control.
• Formulated extension of computer model for analyzing the effects on life expectancy
of a newly identified strain of the AIDS virus.
Tutor, August 2006 to Present
Department of Mathematics, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
• Served as math tutor for Introductory and Remedial Mathematics courses.
• Developed “Math FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions” handout
ACTIVITIES: • Treasurer
of the Math Club, 2007-2008
• Winner of the Chess Club Grand Master Series, 2007
• General Electric Prize in Mathematics (for excellence in mathematics)
Like what you see and want make this template your own? Download the template now!