456 College Hall
Normal, IL 67890
123 Main Street
Anytown, MO 12345
OBJECTIVE: Reporter position with a major newspaper or magazine.
SUMMARY: • More
than two years of reporting experience for both a major daily as
well as local campus newspaper.
• Reporter internship with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
• Magna Cum Laude graduate with BA in Journalism.
• Proficient with MS Office, Lotus Notes, Windows XP and the Internet.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts in
Journalism, May 2008
Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
Advanced Newspaper Design Magazine Composition and Layout
Advanced Copy Writing Advanced Magazine Writing
Electronic Production Advertising and Public Relations
World Press Systems Mass Media Research Strategies
EXPERIENCE: Reporter Internship, May
2007 to August 2007
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, St. Louis, Missouri
• Researched information for stories for city desk.
• Verified facts and data for all news releases with potential for story material.
• Interviewed contributors both over the phone and in person.
• Met every daily deadline successfully, with 100% completion of all assigned
reports by specified deadline.
Editor/Reporter, August 2005 to Present
The Daily Vidette, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
• Responsible for reporting of all campus social activities.
• Developed weekly stories without missing a single deadline.
ACTIVITIES: • Paul
Neville Award for Journalism (for excellence in journalism), 2007
• Treasurer, Phi Beta Kappa honors society, 2006-2007
• Historian/Reporter, Illinois State Historical Society, 2007-2008
Like what you see and want make this template your own? Download the template now!