456 College Hall
Normal, IL 67890
123 Main Street
Anytown, CA 12345
OBJECTIVE: Geologist position with an oil or mining company.
SUMMARY: • Geology
internship for the Black Hills National Park (prestigious internship that
is applied for by over 1200, with only 3 selected each year).
• Magna Cum Laude graduate with BS in Geological Science.
• Proficient with MS Office, Lotus Notes, Windows XP and the Internet.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science
in Geological Science, May 2008
Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
Sedimentary Petrology Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
Groundwater Geochemistry Engineering Geology
Geophysics Optical Mineralogy
EXPERIENCE: Summer Intern, May 2007
to August 2007
Black Hills National Park, Black Hills, South Dakota
• Participated in the computerized study of rock composition and deterioration of
the Black Hills National Monument.
• Developed seismographic program to measure the deterioration factor of various rock
strata to assist researchers in analyzing compounds for repair and upkeep of the monument.
• Launched the “Friends of the Monument” project as a Web-based newsletter to provide
information for frequent visitors and travelers to the site.
Geology Department Lab Assistant, August 2007 to PresentIllinois State University, Normal, Illinois
for lab preparation and cleanup.
• Developed several new experiments for Introduction to Geology lab.
• Assisted professors in grading of lab experiments.
ACTIVITIES: • Vice
President, Geology Club, 2007-Present
• Member, Geology Club, 2005-Present
Like what you see and want make this template your own? Download the template now!