Candidate Interview Questions
Human resource professionals:
Are you ready to answer the following questions?
- What can you tell me about the position?
- What type of person you are seeking?
- What can you tell me more about the department?
- Who is the manager I would be working for and what is their management style?
- May I have a copy of the written job description?
- What would a typical working day be in this position?
- How would you describe your company culture?
- What is your companys mission statement?
- Why is this position open?
- Is this job opening due to growth or replacement? (if replacement) What happened to the previous person in the position?
- How much does the position pay?
- What is the compensation range for this position?
- What benefits are provided to your employees?
- Do you have a tuition reimbursement plan?
- Do you have an employee stock purchase plan? Do you participate?
- What is the typical career path for this position?
- What type of internal and external training do you provide?
- How are performance appraisals conducted within your organization?
- How are promotions evaluated within your organization?
- What is your organizations commitment to diversity?
- How diverse is your executive management team?
- What is your retention rate within the company? Within the hiring department?
- Has your company had any layoffs in the past two years? What was the criteria for deciding who would be laid off? Do you foresee any additional layoffs in the near future?
- What is the next step for consideration?
- When will you be making a decision on this position?
Are there any questions you would like to suggest for adding to this list? If so, please send them to our attention.