New Job Information
Accepting your new job is the beginning of the next phase of your life. Congratulations!! However, there are still a couple of steps ahead before you begin your first day of work. Take a look at what you need to do between job acceptance and first day of work (and beyond!):
- First Things First
Offer in hand? Make sure you take the proper steps to document the offer and prepare for your new job.
- Final Screens and Checks
It's not over 'til it's over. And if you still have some pre-employment checks pending (such as drug screening or background verification), you need to make sure they are handled properly. Make sure you take the time to do things properly at this critical junction.
- The Very Best Question to Ask Before You Start
Want to take the first step toward potential greatness in the workplace? Ask this critical question and you will be on your way!
- The Announcement Letter Technique
Letting everyone know about your new job is not only great for your ego, it's a great way to thank all those involved and keep your network of contacts alive for possible use in the future.
- New Job Proverbs
Words of wisdom to guide you in your new career and new life after college.
Again, congratulations! Your job search is over, your quest is complete! But your journey has only begun. Now that you are at the beginning of the next important phase in your life, remember these three key points:
- Remember that job search is a life skill which will serve you throughout your career. The concepts you have learned can be applied productively again in the coming years.
- There are many, many people who have helped you along the way in your journey--parents, teachers, friends, relatives and others--take time to personally thank them for all they have done to help you get to this point in your life.
- You have been given much. Now it is time to do your best to back to others who have not had the opportunities you have been given. Always reach out to help and serve others in your new walk in life and your own life will be richly blessed.