Successful Job Offer Negotiation
"Who is wise? He that learns from everyone.
Who is powerful? He that governs his passions.
Who is rich? He that is content.
Who is that? Nobody."
In the excitement of the actual job offer, the tendency for many grads is to make the costly error of accepting the first offer that comes their way. However, the time frame between when the initial offer is made to when you accept the offer is a golden opportunity for negotiation. If these two events are simultaneous, you will lose a chance to negotiate which you may never have again.
- Are You Really Ready to Negotiate?
- Outstanding Questions
- Job Offer Negotiation
- Evaluating the Total Package
- Evaluating Your Benefits Package
- Cost-of-living Comparison
- Items You Can Negotiate
- The Balance Sheet Decision Technique
- The Unacceptable Offer Negotiation Technique
- The Acceptable Offer Negotiation Technique
- The Floor Mats Technique
- Salary Negotiation
- The Friendly Advice Technique
- Relocation ExpensesYours or Theirs?
- Making Your Final Commitment
- Give Proper Notice
- Dont Burn Those Bridges