456 College Hall
Normal, IL 67890
123 Main Street
Anytown, CA 12345
OBJECTIVE: Auditor position in the public accounting field in the Chicago area.
SUMMARY: • More
than two years of progressive accounting and auditing experience.
• Auditor internship with Ernst & Young in New York City.
• Magna Cum Laude graduate with BBA in Accounting.
• Proficient with MS Office, Windows XP, and the Internet.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Business
Administration in Accounting, May 2008
Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
Managerial Accounting Corporate Audit and Reconciliation
Intermediate Accounting I & II Financial Management
Accounting I & II Internal Audit
Accounting for Not-For-Profits Managerial Economics
EXPERIENCE: Auditor Internship, May
2007 to August 2007
Ernst & Young, New York, New York
• Participated in the annual audit of Omega Megalithic Holdings, including development of the final certification report.
• Participated in quarterly audit of Alpha Bank Corporation, including identification and correction of over twenty major accounting errors.
• Developed several Excel spreadsheet macros currently in use for reducing entry time and automatically cross-referencing for errors.
• Received Employee of the Month award twice—first intern ever to win the award.
Payable/Bookkeeping Clerk, May 2005 to Present
Anytown Tax and Bookkeeping Service, Anytown, New York
• Assisted (via remote) with payroll, tax, and account processing.
• Developed automated monthly sales tax payment system.
• Implemented Rapid Tax Refund service for individual customers.
ACTIVITIES: • Vice
President, Student Accountancy Chapter, 2007-2008
• Treasurer, Beta Gamma Sigma honors society, 2007-2008
• Dorm Resident Assistant, 2006-2008
After reading this sample resume, you might find yourself somewhat intimidated. How could I ever compete with someone like that? For those of you who are near graduation, don't worry very few have a background that strong (and if they do, Ernst & Young has probably already hired them). For those of you who have time remaining before graduation and have yet to fully develop your end product, you can still change your work experience so that you will look strong on paper.
Remember, looking good on paper is only the first step. The sample resume is provided primarily for formatting purposes. Even someone with a mediocre background will look much stronger by following that tight, concise format and structure.
A reader recently wrote, One company said they called me in because it was the best resume they had seen in ten years. This format works. Use it. Download the template for your major at: www.CollegeGrad.com/resumes