Computer Technology and IT Schools, Online Degrees and Programs
Technology plays a critical role in economic production and our daily lives. Computer technology and IT degrees help you prepare for a career in this essential sector. Tend the technical infrastructure with a degree in IT support services, systems administration, or telecommunications. Or create new products and services by building your skills in web design, computer graphics, or software engineering.
Computer Technology and IT Career Outlook
Computer technology and IT careers rank among the fastest growing occupations in the nation, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistics report. High-demand jobs include:
- Network systems and data communications experts can anticipate 53 percent job growth between 2008 and 2018, making this the fastest growing career in the U.S. Salary (2008): $73,830
- Computer software engineers rank fourth, with 45 percent growth. Salary (2008): $87,900
- Computer systems analysts can expect 29 percent growth. Salary (2008): $78,830
Computer Technology and IT Schools and Programs
Tap into the career opportunity in the technology sector with a computer technology and IT degree. Vocational schools and colleges offer the following degree programs:
- Associate's degree. The two-year qualification features a career-oriented curriculum with an emphasis on hands-on training and technical expertise. An associate's degree in computer technology and IT prepares you for an entry-level job in IT support services, IT system administration, telecommunications maintenance, or Web design.
- Bachelor's degree. The high-demand computer technology and IT careers listed above all require a four-year Bachelor of Science in computer science, management information systems, or a related field.
- Master's degree. A two-year graduate degree is a powerful advancement credential for computer technology and IT careers. A MS in computer science or engineering is especially important for jobs in computer and software engineering, which require advanced computer programming knowledge.
Computer technology and IT online degree programs offer the technical training you need to take advantage of the favorable job market in computer systems administration and computer programming.
|More Programs [+]|
At University of Phoenix, we believe everyone deserves access to higher education.
- Chula Vista
- Beale AFB
Leave that dead-end job behind with training from Everest College.
- Santa Ana
- Diploma - Information Technology Support Specialist
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Engineering Management
Heald College provides hands-on educational programs that can help students prepare for careers in the healthcare, business, legal and technology fields.
- San Francisco
Try your first two online courses for only $200 each with our Start Smart (SM) Offer.
Five colleges of study. One clear focus: Your career success.
Earn the respect of employers with a degree you can earn on campus, online or both.
- San Jose
Continue your education with Strayer University.
Thanks to Florida Tech offering intensive degree programs 100% online, students located all over the world have the opportunity to access the same world-class education as those who attend classes on the main campus in Melbourne, Florida.
Westwood College is dedicated to preparing students with the knowledge, skills and training needed for meaningful employment. Through education, we create opportunities, change lives and impact futures.
- Los Angeles
- Information Technology (A)
ABCO Technology is engaged in the business of providing job training for all types of applications and software used in the real-world job environment.
- Los Angeles
- Computer Science
- Computer Repair
To find better matches, ...